How can i use a DLL in python ?

Lyle Johnson ljohnson at resgen.com
Wed Dec 6 10:26:13 EST 2000

You have at least two options that I'm aware of. One is to use Sam Rushing's
"calldll" extension that allows you to call Win32 DLL functions directly
from Python. I've never used this and so I don't know what restrictions it
might have. Here's a link:

    http://www.nightmare.com/software.html

Another option (which I've used a lot) is to create Python wrappers for
those C/C++ functions using SWIG:

    http://swig.sourceforge.net

I'm not familiar with the Adobe toolkit in question, but if it's API is
slanted towards C/C++ programmers then the same functions may prove to be
awkward for use in Python programs. Using SWIG you could cook up some more
Python-esque interfaces to the same functionality without too much work.

Hope this helps,

Lyle

news:t2sjn0aji5dkef at corp.supernews.com...