Help: Can't install any packages

EdK e_d_k at my-deja.com
Tue Dec 26 10:10:58 EST 2000

I'm runing Python 1.6 on Windows98.  When I start Python it identifies
itselas:
Python 1.6 (#0, Sep  5 2000, 08:16:13) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on win32

I have no problems as long as I use only packages that came with the
instalation, but when I try to install new packages I always get :

ImportError: DLL load failed: One of the library files needed to run
this application cannot be found.

None of the zip files I have downloaded contained any .dll files, but
they do contain .ptd files. I can not find any documentation for whay a
.pyd file is. These .pyd file all exist on my PYTHONPATH.

Can anyone help me? I'm running out of ideas here. I like python, but if
I can't use any third party packages I'll have to go back to C++ to get
any real work done.

   -EdK

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/