Good introduction to functional programming with Python?

Tim Peters tim.one at home.com
Fri Dec 29 15:16:44 EST 2000

[Brad Knotwell]
> The information in that [Erlang] book is a bit dated (even so it's
> still a good book).  More recent information is at the following URL:
>
>  http://www.erlang.org/doc/current/doc/extensions/funs.html
>
> IIRC, this book also doesn't talk about Erlang's list comprehensions.

Right, the passage I quoted said that, but disguised under the highfalutin
name "ZF comprehension" (from the so-called but not always-called "axiom of
comprehension" in Zermelo-Fraenkel (ZF) set theory, which is where the idea
really came from -- although it would be more accurate to call them "list
separations", because the ZF axiom of comprehension should be (and sometimes
is) called the axiom of separation instead <wink>).

Thanks for the link!  Anyone else playing along will find the frame-based
version helpful (it's got a table of contents in a frame for quick
navigation):

http://www.erlang.org/doc/current/doc/extensions/part_frame.html