(no subject)

Tim Peters tim.one at home.com
Mon Dec 4 12:13:33 EST 2000

[posted & mailed]

[Eric Stechmann]
> Sorry to waste bandwidth but...
>
>    I'm receiving little or nothing on this newsgroup.  Can anyone
>    fill me in on the situation, please?

Eric, do you mean the newsgroup, or do you mean the c.l.py mailing list?
The news<->mail gateways have been hosed "almost all the time" for a month,
so if you mean the mailing list "that's why".  Barry is in the process of
moving some of the python.org mailing lists to a new machine, which may (or
may not ...) help.

in-the-meantime-view-it-as-a-vacation-ly y'rs  - tim