xml.dom

Martin von Loewis loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Fri Dec 8 15:51:55 EST 2000

Magnus Heino <magnus.heino at rivermen.se> writes:

> Maybe you could tell me the differences and relations between the xml
> included in Python2.0, PyXML and Fourthoughs distro?

Python 2.0 supports minidom; Uche's example was a 4DOM application.
4DOM is included both in PyXML and 4Suite.

Please have a look at

http://python.sourceforge.net/devel-docs/lib/markup.html

for documentation on minidom.

> Seems to me that the Python2.0 is a subset of PyXML (because it wasnt
> finished in time for the release maybe?) and that PyXML includes things
> from Fourthught, but not of all of it.. for some reason.

It's not because it was not finished, it was not included because it
was considered too large.

> Are there any good books to recommend in this area?

If you can read German, I can recommend the "Python 2" book that I
just published at Addison-Wesley :-)

Regards,
Martin