Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get

Gordon Williams g_will at cyberus.ca
Wed Dec 20 17:42:56 EST 2000

Using
W95
Python 2.0
Pythonwin build 135

I am now in the process of converting some python 1.5.2 code to python 2.0.
I now get the message below.

Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread

abnormal program termination

I'm sending and receiving information in one thread via a serial port.  In
the 1.5.2 code I was using the Marshal serial module.  As that only works
with 1.5.2, I have now converted that to use windows native stuff using Mark
Hamond's work.

There was a thread earlier this month about this same problem.  I think that
they were also using W95.  It was unclear whether it was resolved or how it
was resolved.

Before I start tracking the problem down, is this a known problem?  What
causes it? Any pointers on where I should look first?

Regards,

Gordon Williams