Python Problem - Could not find platform independent

Linux - Sinesoft linux at sinesoft.com
Sun Dec 10 09:52:27 EST 2000

hi!

I had installed python in my linux box, but i had the following error:

bash-2.03# python
Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
'import exceptions' failed; use -v for traceback
Warning!  Falling back to string-based exceptions
Python 1.5.2 (#1, Apr 28 2000, 06:45:56)  [GCC 2.95.2 19991024 (release)] on
linux2

Can anyone please help me corrected this error message ?  Please answer me
by email.