identifying user from Win9x?

Frank Miles fpm at u.washington.edu
Fri Dec 29 10:52:15 EST 2000

I have a set of python routines that are used to coordinate and
account for various activities in my group.  I would like to be
able to tailor how these routines work, and what options are first
presented to each user.

There are ways to determine the user ID in Unix-based systems (os.getuid).
I haven't yet seen anything comparable for Windows.  Possible source
of information: it is SOP for each user to login to the (Novell-based)
network before doing anything else.  Is there some way to extract this
information from Windows, or failing that, a Novell network/server?

TIA...

	-frank