python/erlang interface and free books

John Nielsen nielsenjf at my-deja.com
Mon Dec 4 09:30:56 EST 2000

It turns out there is a python/erlang interface!

http://csmctmto.interpoint.net/didx/python_erlang.html

> aleaxit at yahoo.com --
> Probably, but, on the other hand, I know no book on Erlang that
> makes a good introduction to functional programming.  (Not saying
> there *aren't*, mind you -- just that *I* don't know them!).

I found 2 books available for free on the web! Maybe people are starting
to learn about what Bruce Eckel does.

Part one of  Concurrent Programming in Erlang (the 1st 9 chapters) is
available for free on the web.

http://www.erlang.org/download/erlang-book-part1.pdf

In the amazon description it says:

"Requires previous programming experience, but no knowledge of
functional or logic languages."

The 2nd book is:
Erlang in Real Time
http://www.serc.rmit.edu.au/~maurice/erlbk/pdf/main.pdf

For now, I'll give erlang a shot, and also look at python's functional
programming modules.

Thanks for your help,

john

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/