while true: !!!

D-Man dsh8290 at rit.edu
Mon Dec 18 08:52:29 EST 2000

> It is cheap to define true and false once,

I think that some people were confused with this statement.  He meant
that 'true' and 'false' would be constants like in C++ and Java.  It
would be illegal to try

true = false

Thus while true: is equal to while 1: except that a boolean, not an
integer is used for the test.  I, for one, would like to abolish the
concept that an integer can denote true or false.  How many functions
return 0 for success?  (just take a look at the standard C library).

-D