SIGCHLD handle & socket

redjade at my-deja.com redjade at my-deja.com
Fri Dec 8 02:04:55 EST 2000

I am writing a forking-type server with python.
My plan is:
1) first, open a socket with port 15151
2) if there's a connection request, fork a child
3) child will die after 3 sec of connection establishment.
4) parent should handle SIGCHLD signal so that it make zombie-child
disappear.
5) parent should allow any connection request and should be fork-able.

my code is below
----------------
#!/usr/local/bin/python

import socket, os, signal, time

def handle(signum, frame):
        print 'CHILD terminated'
        os.waitpid(-1, os.WNOHANG)

HOST = ''
PORT = 15151

s.bind( (HOST, PORT) )
s.listen(6)

signal.signal(signal.SIGCHLD, handle)

while 1:
        (conn, addr) = s.accept()
        print 'Connected by', addr
        pid = os.fork()
        if pid == 0:
                s.close()
                conn.send('\n\nConnection Established\n\n\n')
                time.sleep(3)
                conn.close()
                os._exit(0)
        else:
                conn.close()
---------

and error occurred.

$ python rjcall.py
Connected by ('147.46.102.27', 59760)
CHILD terminated
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "rjcall.py", line 19, in ?
    (conn, addr) = s.accept()
socket.error: (4, 'Interrupted system call')

I can't figure out what is wrong. i think code above follows basic
c-style forking-type daemon. working environment is python2.0 and
FreeBSD-4.2

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.