Python vs PHP (& Java?)

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Wed Dec 27 09:01:43 EST 2000

In article <87k88mxcf4.fsf at eugene.prosa.it>,
David N. Welton <davidw at prosa.it> wrote:

>> So, _what_ "much functionality" of PHP couldn't be "replaced" by
>> Python solutions?
>
>Personally, I use Tcl for this sort of thing, but I think that Python
>is pretty good too, for a very important reason:
>
>PHP is used on the web and only on the web.  Python, Tcl, Java, and
>company are languages that you can take and reuse elsewhere.
			.
			.
			.
Incidentally, the PHPers certainly are aware of
this situation, and it's likely that PHP will
become available through command-line and/or
MySQL stored-procedure applications, sometime
in 2001.  I expect to write more on this, pro-
bably in January.
--

Cameron Laird <claird at NeoSoft.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net