A Suggestion for Python Colon Syntax

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at effbot.org
Thu Dec 21 13:06:28 EST 2000

"William Djaja Tjokroaminata" wrote:
> If a feature is borrowed from C or Java or Perl, I think it is good.  But
> a feature that seems to add nothing from an obscure language to me
> is questionable.

oops.  methinks you should read up on Python's history...

start here:

    http://www.python.org/doc/essays/foreword.html

    "I decided to write an interpreter for the new scripting
    language I had been thinking about lately: a descendant
    of ABC that would appeal to Unix/C hackers. I chose
    Python as a working title for the project /.../

(incidentally, that text also talks a lot about readability...)

</F>