Beginers question

Dale Strickland-Clark dale at out-think.NOSPAMco.uk
Mon Dec 4 09:12:48 EST 2000

"robert george" <rgeorgesprint at earthlink.net> wrote:

>I started the beginers tutorial. My operating system is Winme.
>The tutorial says I should get a" C:\WINDOWS> " prompt. But I get
>a"C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP>" prompt.
>Why is that? Will Python work with Winme?
>Thanks for your help
>An extreme novice.
>Rob

Withtout knowing exactly what you're following, I'd stick my neck out and suggest that the path (and
hence the prompt) won't make any difference to your results. If it does however, type:

CD ..

(CD followed by two dots) and you'll get the path suggested in the tutorial.

Good luck.
--
Dale Strickland-Clark
Out-Think Ltd