[Q] Are Exceptions used that much in practice?

David C. Ullrich ullrich at math.okstate.edu
Tue Dec 12 13:00:32 EST 2000

In article <914mfd02ibt at news2.newsguy.com>,
  "Alex Martelli" <aleaxit at yahoo.com> wrote:
>[...] it's a pity a 'try' can't have one
> or more 'except' clauses _followed_ by a 'finally' one, etc, etc,

    Python and Delphi both have try-except and try-finally
but no try-except-finally. I once saw the person responsible
for this in Delphi explain why there was no try-except-finally,
to try to convince you he was right, but at least in Delphi
it wasn't just an oversight, they considered it and finally
decided against it.

--
Oh, dejanews lets you add a sig - that's useful...

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/