while true: !!!

Steve Lamb grey at despair.rpglink.com
Mon Dec 18 13:58:21 EST 2000

On Mon, 18 Dec 2000 13:36:27 +0100 (CET), Carsten Geckeler <nospam at no.spam>
wrote:
>Anyway it's a very common idiom.  But the point is that using true and false
>would make the code more readable in cases where it's not clear, that the
>value is used as a boolean value later.  E.g:

[Example of if conditions snipped]

    You're mixing examples.  I doubt that anyone has a problem with storing a
value in an appropriately named variable.  However, how does that address
having true equate to false?  That would be the requirement of having "while
true:" and then terminating the loop with assigning "true = 0" thus making
that consition false.  Meanwhile the very valid break would go unused for the
exact purpose that it was designed for, breaking out of a loop.