Python programs (or scripts) as drop targets

Mark Hammond MarkH at ActiveState.com
Mon Dec 4 23:54:51 EST 2000

Alex Martelli wrote:

> If saving a trivial file is indeed the only advantage of implementing
> the shell extension, then you may be right (though quibbling about the
> "registry additions" needed to _register_ a shell extension seems pretty
> peculiar to me).

Hrm - I hope you didn't think I was quibbling about that!  You won't
find me arguing against that.  I apologize if that is what I was saying!

While we are at it, the registry information needed to the shell
communicates to a running Pythonwin via DDE (instead of a new Pythonwin
startng and _it_ using DDE) would be nice too ;-)

Mark.