SSL with python

Blair Lowe Blair.Lowe at compeng.net
Mon Dec 4 18:14:57 EST 2000

More on this:

My email to Val bounced, but I found another item from
comp.lang.python where someone suggested using M2Crypto Toolkit (also
at the vaults) instead of ssl_wrapper 1.1.

I shall check this out.

Blair.

At 16:06 -0700 2000/12/04, Blair Lowe wrote:
>Hi again,
>
>I emailed the author of the ssl_wrapper python lib: Val Shkolnikov
><nvsoft1 at worldnet.att.net>.
>
>Hopefully we can get it from him.
>
>Maybe he reads this list too.
>
>Blair.
>
>At 22:36 -0700 2000/12/02, Ken Kinder wrote:
>>  >From a simple search of http://www.vex.net/parnassus/ -- the
>>premier python module
>>directory, I found a few. I suggest just going through the results yourself.
>>http://www.vex.net/parnassus/apyllo.py?find=ssl
>>
>>ssl_wrapper 1.1 looks very promising but it's a broken link. Does anyone know
>>where a mirror of that one is?
>>
>>Blair Lowe wrote:

>>>  Hi,
>>>
>>>  I am new with python, and I was wondering if anyone has got it to
>>>  work with SSL connections.
>>>
>>>  We are trying to do some socket level manipulation using urllib, and
>>>  httplib, and we are getting some messages saying that we are using
>>>  straight http over an SSL connection.
>>>
>>>  Does anyone know of any information about SSL and python (web or
>>>printed work)?
>>>
>>>  Thanks,
>>>  Blair.

[snip]
Computer Engineering Inc. http://www.compeng.net
Phone: 780 499 5687 (9 - 5 MST) Fax:   780 435 0693 (24 Hours)