SSL how to?

Blair Lowe Blair.Lowe at compeng.net
Fri Dec 8 16:40:56 EST 2000

Python 2.0 is supposed to support it.

I have version 1.5 working with the M2Crypto library. Ken Kinder
pointed me to http://www.vex.net/parnassus/apyllo.py?find=ssl to get
it.

For M2Crypto, you need some other stuff too (openssl, swig, and a
couple of other things). I got the other bits from rpm's on the net
(only if you have a system that can use ropm's like LINUX), otherwise
it is difficult to set up since you may need to do the old tar -xvf
<tarball>, ./configure, make, make install dance to get the
supporting packages.

In python 1.5, after installing M2Crypto, everything is quite simple.

I assume that python 2.0 is easier, but I have not got there yet.

At 12:58 +0100 2000/12/08, Syver Enstad wrote:
>Anyone know if SSL is painless to use under python. Does httplib support it?

Hope this helps,
Blair.
Computer Engineering Inc. http://www.compeng.net
Phone: 780 499 5687 (9 - 5 MST) Fax:   780 435 0693 (24 Hours)