A Suggestion for Python Dictionary/Class

D-Man dsh8290 at rit.edu
Tue Dec 26 17:48:21 EST 2000

I suggested a similar thing a while back, but many people on the list
didn't like it.  I thought it would improve readability, help catch
these errors, and be consistent to introduce a "local" keyword and
require local variables to be declared.  It wouldn't lose any of the
dynamicity of python by declaring the type of the variable as in
C/C++/Java.

The purpose of my 'local' keyword would be to restrict the namespace
to the names specified by 'local' (and global variables which already
must be declared with "global").

-D