stewpid newbie tricks

canimal at my-deja.com canimal at my-deja.com
Fri Dec 15 15:30:21 EST 2000

In article <3A39D4F9.648D8DBA at mediaone.net>,
  Phil Shinn <philshinn at mediaone.net> wrote:

<snip leadup>

> My problem is when I try to schedule this to run on a daily basis by
> using the NT command line AT:
>
> at 16:00 /Every:m,t,w,th,f,s,su "d:program
> files\python\mine\spider\runSpider.bat"
>
> nothing seems to happen, i.e., scheduler does not seem to kick in, no
> file gets created, not sure what happened.
>
> Clues for the clueless?

Maybe Satheesh has the whole answer here, not sure.  But I think batch
files need a distinct instance of the cmd interpreter.  Don't remember
why, but it's somewhere in the deja archives for the msdos.batch.nt
newsgroup if you want to know more.  Try:

at 16:00 /Every:m,t,w,th,f,s,su "d:\program
files\python\mine\spider\cmd.exe /c runSpider.bat"

(the /c terminates the instance after the batch file runs.)

Now here is a newbie question.  Can't you just call your  .py program
directly?  I thought the .py suffix was associated with the python
interpreter.

Matt

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/