while true: !!!

Greg Ewing greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Wed Dec 20 19:35:42 EST 2000

gbreed at cix.compulink.co.uk wrote:

> Adding a boolean type wouldn't make anything simpler.

No, but I really meant having a boolean type *instead*
of the notion of being able to treat anything at all
as a boolean value.

>  It would only
> change the question to "What objects x will boolean(x) return false?"

There wouldn't be any such function. Or if there were,
it would be analagous to chr() and map (0, 1) --> (false, true)
and nothing else, and it would be used about as
rarely as chr().

Christchurch, New Zealand
http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/~greg