How use urllib.urlopen()?

Bjorn Pettersen pbjorn at uswest.net
Fri Dec 22 13:38:29 EST 2000

Try:

#! /usr/local/bin/python
print "Content-type: text/html"
print

then your program. If that doesn't work, try:

 - make sure the script is executable
 - change the extension of your script to .cgi

If none of that works try the following:
 - put the following in tt.cgi
 - make tt.cgi executable
 - create yyy.txt and make it world writable (important)
 - run it from your web-browser
 - look at what went wrong (it should be in yyy.txt).

#!/bin/sh
echo "Content-type: text/html"
echo
/home/bjorn/public_html/xxx.py >> yyy.txt 2>&1
#echo "<h1>hello world</h1>"

Hope this gets you on your way.

-- bjorn