Threads - Newbie Questions

Aahz Maruch aahz at panix.com
Wed Dec 20 14:56:03 EST 2000

http://starship.python.net/crew/aahz/

>My specific questions are:
>1. I am passing the lock as an argument to each thread.  Is this the
>proper way to do it?

More or less, though you may need more than one lock.  Take a look at
threading.py for some source code examples of constructing higher-level
locking objects.

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

I don't really mind a person having the last whine, but I do mind
someone else having the last self-righteous whine.  --Aahz