A Newbie Question: How To Call Other Python Programs From A Main Python Program.

jbranthoover at my-deja.com jbranthoover at my-deja.com
Mon Dec 11 11:01:52 EST 2000

Hello All,
	I have written several small Python programs.  These programs
are not just functions but complete programs with their own menuing
systems.

        My question is,  how do I (and is it a good idea) call these
independent Python programs from one main program that selects which
program to run from a main menu?  I tried to use the import command.
This seems to work OK except that the programs only run once.  If the
same program is selected from the menu,  nothing happens.  It seems to
return immediately without running the program.

        Any information that you can give me will be greatly
appreciated.  Thank you for your time.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.