Python newbie can't launch freeze; Winnt/python20

marsh1963 at my-deja.com marsh1963 at my-deja.com
Fri Dec 15 20:26:23 EST 2000

Hi Gurus,

I'm trying to create a simple wrapper in Python for some Expect
scripts. Don't want to have to install Python on everyones PC....
Sorry if this has already been covered, I didn't find a reference to it
in my searches. Hope someone can tell me where I took the wrong
exit.... (besides having Windows... not my choice) :)

I have Windows NT 4.0, Python 2.0, and the Installer_b_03f.

At 1st it looked like it couldn't find python15.dll (I have
python20.dll on my system) so I changed the references of python15.dll
in Builder.py and in \projects\distr_b3 to python20.dll . I still have
problems.

It looks to me like it's trying to find win32api.pyd, which I don't
have.

When I try to execute:
C:\Python20>python c:\python20\installer\freeze.py cliScript

I get a popup: pyhton.exe - Unable to locate DLL
The dynamic link library python15.dll could not be found in the
specified path
c:\python20;.;c:\winnt\system32;c:\winnt\system;c:\winnt;c:\winnt\system
32;c:\winnt (not sure where it got the dup entries)

The MSDOS window echos:
File 'cliScript.cfg' already exists. Overwrite? [yn]y
> "C:\Python20\python.exe" c:\python20\installer\Builder.py
cliScript.cfg
Cannot determine your Windows or System directories
Please add them to your PATH if .dlls are not found
The win32api module is not available - modules listed
in the registry will not be found.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\python20\installer\Builder.py", line 9, in ?
    from MEInc.Dist import ltoc
  File "c:\Python20\installer\MEInc\Dist\ltoc.py", line 2, in ?
    from MEInc.Dist import finder, tocfilter, resource
  File "c:\Python20\installer\MEInc\Dist\resource.py", line 4, in ?
    import carchive
  File "c:\Python20\installer\MEInc\Dist\carchive.py", line 9, in ?
    import zlib

C:\>echo %PATH%
C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT;"C:\Program
Files\Hummingbird\Connectivity\7.00\Accessories\"

Any help greatly appreciated,
Marshall

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/