Newbie Thread question

Aahz Maruch aahz at panix.com
Mon Dec 11 09:20:21 EST 2000

In article <3A3453BD.B9A54981 at ihug.co.nz>,
Matthew  <matthewm at ihug.co.nz> wrote:

>I've got thread stuff working by sub-classing threading.Thread, but
>haven't be able to figure out how to use them by calling a runnable
>target. Something like:
>
>dog1 = threading.Thread(None, Dog().bark())

I'm suspecting that you need a little more practice with the Python
class system.  The way one would normally do this (assuming that Dog is
the name of your subclass) is like this:

class Dog(threading.Thread):
    def run(self):
        self.bark()

dog1 = Dog()
dog1.start()

>I checked the faq and a few other places and there seems to little to no
>docs to get one started - any urls i've missed.

Try http://starship.python.net/crew/aahz/

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

What if there were no rhetorical questions?  --Aahz