win32evtlogutil: How does it works ?

Dag Sunde dag at orion.no
Wed Dec 6 03:29:05 EST 2000

The dll-part of the EventLog _is_ a little bit strange... :-)

You see... The number you give when logging an event is supposed
to reference an id of a string-recource in the dll you registered

So you have to create a resource-file with all the strings(messages)
you need, include it into a dll, and then reference those strings
by their id from the outside. This is done for nationalization-
purposes, I think...

Dag.

news:3A2D8223.4070408 at ActiveState.com...