Python in embedded systems?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Wed Dec 20 17:40:30 EST 2000

In article <mailman.977345156.5111.python-list at python.org>, Trent Mick wrote:
>On Wed, Dec 20, 2000 at 07:12:58PM +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
>> Has anybody heard of a Python interpreter being used in an
>> embedded system to provide user scripting capabilities?
>
>Don't know if it helps for your situation but I believe that the empeg car
>MP3 player embeds Python for driving its UI:
>
>http://www.empeg.com/

The empeg is running Linux, so I guess it's not surprising that
they can run Python.  I'm running eCos (an RTOS w/o virtual
memory and possibly without a filesystem) so there is an
extremely limited set of library calls available.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I hope the
                                  at               "Eurythmics" practice birth