Documentation - underscores in \section

Mike Clarkson support at internetdiscovery.com
Sat Dec 9 18:39:56 EST 2000

On 09 Dec 2000 00:26:21 +0100, "Jochen =?iso-8859-1?q?K=FCpper?="
<jochen at pc1.uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:

>Gregory> [Sorry this is perhaps somewhat off-topic]
>
>Yes, there is comp.text.tex as well. I keep it here, as there is no
>LaTeX bug/misbehaviour to see right now. In case you see a
>LaTeX/TeX-problem, please crosspost and set f'up there!

It's on topic here because the problem will likely be specific to
the LaTeX macros Python uses for its documentation.

>Gregory> Has anyone noticed that underscores do not work in \section,
>Gregory> even if preceeded by a \ (backslash).

You'll need a guru. I solved this once years ago for LaTeXinfo, but
I've forgotten how, and it would be different for LaTeX 2e.

>What packages are loaded by these docs? Have you compiled them
>yourself? What LaTeX/TeX versions?

This is important, as is the order in which they were loaded.

Mike.