Dare I say it...

Samuel A. Falvo II kc5tja at garnet.armored.net
Fri Dec 8 15:52:20 EST 2000

On 08 Dec 2000 21:43:14 +0100, Martin von Loewis wrote:
>Not sure, yet. What application of that character do you have in mind?
>I.e. what API that you want to call requires a Unicode string as part
>of a structure?

Perhaps some COM stuff on Windows, but I'm not sure.  At any rate, it's
still something that needs to be considered.

On some systems, wchar_t is 16 bits (in particular, Win32).  On others, it's
32-bits (e.g., Linux).  Knowing the width of wchar_t ahead of time is
required to do it manually.

Just because the author of the pack module didn't see a need for it doesn't
mean a need doesn't exist.  :)

--
KC5TJA/6, DM13, QRP-L #1447 | Official Channel Saint, *Team Amiga*
Samuel A. Falvo II	    |