Python and Napster

Moshe Zadka moshez at zadka.site.co.il
Wed Dec 27 11:49:00 EST 2000

On Tue, 26 Dec 2000 19:40:14 +0100, "Alex Martelli" <aleaxit at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Python would probably let you be more productive, I suspect.  It sure has
> all the network functionality you need; in your shoes, I'd look into pyro --
> building file exchange on top of it should be easier than on sockets or on
> protocols such as HTTP.

I'm not so sure I agree -- SimpleHTTPServer/urllib/httplib is wonderful
for file transfers. For anyone who wants to see a practical exmple
(supports both upload and download), have a look at PMEP in the PMS
source distribution (http://pythonms.sourceforge.net)
--
Moshe Zadka <sig at zadka.site.co.il>
This is a signature anti-virus.