Jython stability and JITs

Alan Littleford alan at littleford.net
Wed Dec 20 01:06:03 EST 2000

I am thinking of using Jython for a project -- I know it is Alpha and do
not  have too much trouble with that. However the FAQ seems to go to
great length implying that Jython and JITs spell trouble (because of
"non-standard" JVM code that Jython emits) -- indeed it basically says
turn off your JIT if you want to sleep easy at night.

Is this indeed the case -- have people had trouble with JITs and Jython,
or is this a left over warning from earlier (JPython) days ?

Thanks
Alanl