Controlling the Parallel Port

Simon Faulkner News at Titanic.co.uk
Wed Dec 27 09:59:13 EST 2000

Having read the previous messages I note that this has been discussed
on the Win platform but I am interested in the Linux (RH7) platform.

I have the Jan Axelson Parallel Port Complete book but I am not sure
how to write the port from Python.

Any code snippets gratefully stolen...

Simon

On Wed, 27 Dec 2000 14:33:36 GMT, Simon Faulkner <News at Titanic.co.uk>
wrote:

>Is it easy to control (read/write) the Parallel Port in linux using
>Python?
>
>I am hoping to use it to drive some simple electronics
>
>(Usual disclaimer understood - If it smokes then you probably got the
>wiring wrong!)
>

>Simon
>Simon Faulkner

Simon Faulkner