UN/EDIFACT related packages

Dinu C. Gherman gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de
Tue Dec 19 09:27:21 EST 2000

Gilles Lenfant wrote:

> I'm looking for packages related to UN/EDIFACT EDI messages.
> Yes we got business partners who did not make the XML jump.
> I'm 100% newbie in the EDIFACT field, so if some of you have
> useful related packages/tooks, thei're welcome.
> I did not find throug usual Python related search engines :(

I know that Cees de Groot did some work in that field,
resulting in a package called "ema". Hopefully he will
listen and speak up.

Long ago I wrote some toy implementation, which will
not be very helpful, I guess, as my need for this did
almost immediately evaporate after I started to get
interested in EDIFACT. As you mention, the world goes
for XML now!

Dinu

--
Dinu C. Gherman
"The only possible values [for quality] are 'excellent' and 'in-