Filter

Matthew shayman at uniserve.com
Tue Apr 11 00:25:26 EDT 2000

I need to write a filter that inserts tabs between Log values .  So that
lines 1 to 3 come out looking something like lines 4 to 6.
I can then open it in Excel as a dat file with the values in different
cells, where i can then use formulas and macros.
The first 9 lines are constants in the header ,but there could be serveral
headers with data  in the whole file .

I'm totaly at square one here.
I have to figure out how to open the file for modification - as a string ?
write a for loop for each line beginning with L11 ?
And a function to insert the white space's between the values.

I imagine this to be an ideal task for a small script , but untill i get
there any advice or help appreciated.

VER1.5A
"H0:1,45"
"H1:9085,*.*   "
"H2:71G,NORTHVIEW DLS, ,MITSUI"
"H3:VANCOUVER,CHILLIWACK"
"H4:00100S,100,SB4,01, , , "
"H5:000330, AH00-93-,SPRUCE, ,N"
"H6:45,126825"
H7:220000
L11SSSP 503438G 1627                                      # 1
L11SSSP 563338G 1826
L11SSSP 573036G 1924
L11    SS    SP     55    36    40    G     18    28      # 4
L11    SS    SP     51    40    46    G     17    31
L11    SS    SP     57    30    37    H     19    24
etcXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
"H9:1,45"