Python compiler ? (was Re: Python for drivers?)

Neil Schemenauer nascheme at enme.ucalgary.ca
Wed Apr 26 21:21:11 EDT 2000

Will Ware <wware at world.std.com> wrote:
>I'd also be willing to kick in $100 for an efficient Python
>compiler, but only if it were open source.

I don't think this guy is making native code compilers.  The
"compiled" TkDiff demo is still implemented using Tcl.  Unlike my
grandfather, I can't read German so I can't figure out what his
"compiler" is supposed to do from the "whitepaper".  Babelfish
does not seem to help.

Making Python more efficient is not an easy task.  If you are
looking for an easy solution you are out of luck.  It is probably
more useful to put effort into something like into Gwydion Dylan.

    Neil

--
"Everyone can be taught to sculpt: Michelangelo would have had to
be taught how not to. So it is with the great programmers" -- Alan Perlis