PyOpenGL install problem on windows

Jim Rayson jrayson at mitre.org
Fri Apr 7 17:30:53 EDT 2000

Hi,
I'm trying to get PyOpenGL running on Windows 98.  I have lots of
C/Unix experience and very little Python, Tk, or Windows experience.
Running Python 1.5.2, Tcl/TK 8.0.5, and PyOpenGl (couldn't find a
version
number but copied from it's main site, as a windows binary w/ installer,
a few weeks ago).  I first installed disutils, numpy, and pil as
directed.  By playing with paths and things I got it to the point where
could at least import modules from each package.  I got at least one
demo
program to work from numpy and pil, but not all of them.

When I installed PyOpenGL I managed to get opengl\demo\da\dots.py to
run properly.  Other demos failed because I seemed to be missing Togl.

· Found out on
http://starship.python.net:9673/crew/da/Code/PyOpenGL/Togl that
sometimes installer doesn't do togl properly, and gave instructions
on downloading some files to fix it.  However, it made no mention of the
togl file (appears to be some kind of index) that already exists in
C:\Program Files\Tcl\lib\tk8.0   Then again, maybe the installer stuck
that there.

· Just to be safe, I renamed that file as togl.old

· Based on those instructions I created the directory
C:\ProgramFiles\Tdl\lib\tk8.0\Togl   then downloaded and copied
Togl.dll andpkgIndex.tcl

· Then ran samples, with no real success.  Got the message:· TclError:
error while autoloading "togl": couldn't load
file"C:\PROGRA~1\TCL\lib\tk8.0\Togl\Togl.dll": invalid argument· But I
checked that path and that file was at that location.  Since it's
already
there, I'm not sure why it can't find it.  pkgIndex.tcl says something
about setting $dir but my experiments playing with that also failed.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim
jrayson at mitre.org