Trouble with Tkinter under IDLE

Timothy Grant tjg at avalongroup.net
Tue Apr 11 15:24:41 EDT 2000

Anthony Lander wrote:

> All of this works just fine from the command line, though, so I'm pretty
> convinced it's a problem related to running Idle.
>
> I'm running Python 1.5.2, idle 0.6 and tcl/tk 8.0 all under NT.
>
> Anyone have any guesses?
>
> Thanks much,

I believe that the solution is *not* to call mainloop() from your
programme as it is conflicting with the mainloop() of IDLE. Though I
don't use IDLE, I do believe that the mainloop in IDLE will allow your
code to run correctly without you calling it.

--
Stand Fast,
    tjg.

Timothy Grant                         tjg at exceptionalminds.com
Chief Technology Officer              www.exceptionalminds.com
Red Hat Certified Engineer                      (503) 246-3630
Avalon Technology Group, Inc.              fax  (503) 246-3124