complete novice question

Steve Holden sholden at bellatlantic.net
Tue Apr 4 17:47:03 EDT 2000

Paul Madsen wrote:

> Downloaded Python-1.5.2.
>
> I've run 'configure' and it seems to have worked. Now, according to the
> Python package's README, I should be able to type 'make' for the rest of
> the install. If I don't have a 'make' file, did the configure portion
> not work?
>
> thanks

Hopefully, "make" is in /usr/bin or some other path component.  It uses
"Makefile" or "makefile" in the local directory to decide what and how to
build.  Just hold your breath and type "make" at the comnmand line!

Good luck.

regards
 Steve
--
"Bulding information systems just because it's fun."
Steve Holden  sholden at bellatlantic.net  703 716 7275