Pliant?

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Tue Apr 18 15:49:11 EDT 2000

Ng Pheng Siong <ngps at madcap.dyndns.org> wrote:
> Saw a reference to the language Pliant on Freshmeat today.
> Looks pretty interesting. What are your views on Pliant,
> as a Python programmer?

>From the little I've read about Pliant, cool idea, but it's just a
bit too pliant for my software engineering taste. It'll have the same
problems Perl does -- too many ways to do it, so you can't easily
read someone else's code (or your own code some days or weeks later).
>From that perspective something like Python's clear but fairly rigid
syntax is nice.

>From a designer's point of view, a language which can morphed into
various things is definitely cool, though.

Note that I'm talking through my hat mostly, I haven't studied Pliant
in any detail. :)

Regards,

Martijn