Why should I switch to Python? - Infinity of Primes

David C. Ullrich ullrich at math.okstate.edu
Tue Apr 4 19:40:37 EDT 2000

Gordon McMillan <gmcm at hypernet.com> wrote in article
<1257244378-5884705 at hypernet.com>...
> David C. Ullrich wrote:
>
> > ... Could be that there's a proof of the existence
> > of infinitely many primes using FTA that has some property
> > not shared by Euclid's proof, but "constructive" isn't it.
>
> Oh, come on. There are at least 3 well known constructive
> proofs that all odd numbers are prime:

	Of course there are. And it follows that there are infinitely
many primes - so this gives several _more_ constructive proofs
of that fact.

	(I didn't say the proof wasn't constructive - of course it is.
I said "constructive" was not a property that this proof did not
share with the hypothetical FTA proof.)

DU