windows registry

Janos BEKESI jbekesi at my-deja.com
Thu Apr 13 18:20:39 EDT 2000

The pythonwin package contains some interesting sources:

win32/scripts/regsetup.py

which uses (I think) win32/lib/regutil.py (the main module for handling
the registry). With a little effort one can figure out how things work.
Additionally there is some documentation included in the
win32/Help/Python Win32 Extensions.hlp-File, but looking at the sources
should show how all is put together. I used regutil.py for checking
whether there is python installed on a win32 system and if not, setting
the appropriate registry keys.

Hope it helps,

Janos.

> How do I edit the windows registry with Python?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.