Remotely running a python script

Darrell darrell at dorb.com
Wed Apr 5 17:58:27 EDT 2000

None of this is your solution but should provide some ideas.

Win32 approach.
win32file.FindFirstChangeNotification
See http://www.dorb.com/darrell/win32WorkSvr/makeThumbsDG.py

There's lots of socket examples on deja.com.
Here's an example that might help you get started if sockets are your cup of
tea.
http://www.dorb.com/darrell/network/sproxy.py

It waits for a connection on one port then forwards it to another port.
In your case it would just launch a .py file and return the stdout.

If you have Mark Hammond's Win32 stuff installed try naming your script with
.pyw
It'll run nicely out of site without a console.

--Darrell

"Richard Chamberlain"