How to write to printer in Windows?

Randall Hopper aa8vb at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 19 06:47:29 EDT 2000

Albert Wagner:
 |How can I write(aLine) to a printer in Windows?  I tried this:
 |
 |from win32pipe import popen
 |:
 |self.printer = popen('lpt1' 'w')
 |:
 |self.printer.write(aLine)
 |
 |but get a general protection fault.  Any help will be greatly
 |appreciated.

I see you have a pointer to the win32 printer modules in another reply.

The problem with your above code may be something simple though.  From my
DOS days, I seem to recall that 'lpt1:' was the correct name for the
printer device.  lpt1 may be trying to write to a file in a directory for
which you don't have permission.

In a DOS box, try 'copy c:\config.sys lpt1:'.  That'll make sure you're
printer is attached to that device.  If so, you should be able to run your
Python program there with (I would think) the same results.

--
Randall Hopper
aa8vb at yahoo.com