TKMessageBox, and TKINTER console?

Benjamin Schollnick junkster at nospam.rochester.rr.com
Mon Apr 17 18:47:47 EDT 2000

Folks,

	Crazy Question..... I'm starting to mess around with Tkinter, and
for now at least, just trying to display "pop-up" dialogs.  I found
the
TKMESSAGEBOX unit, in the lib-tk directory, and that works great for
my purposes.

	Except, for a small "appearance" problem.  I call the TKmessagebox
routines, and their are TWO windows.  One is the pop-up I've called,
and the
other is the Tkinter "Console" (??).  Or at least that's the nickname,
I've given it.

	I've tried a variety of different things to get rid of it...For
example, calling
junk= TK.tk() to a variable, and passing it as "master=junk", or as
"parent=junk"
in the code...

	I'm not sure if there is anyway to get rid of that darn console.

	Anyone got some suggestions for a really confused first time
Tkinter'er?

			- Benjamin
          (Remove "NoSpam" to Email me)
Please feel free to copy any and or all of this sig.
A little something for spam bots:

root at localhost postmaster at localhost admin at localhost
abuse at localhost postmaster at 127.0.0.1

Chairman William Kennard: bkennard at fcc.gov
Commissioner Susan Ness: sness at fcc.gov
Commissioner Harold Furchtgott-Roth: hfurchtg at fcc.gov
Commissioner Michael Powell: mpowell at fcc.gov