Python CGI running commands under NT

osuchw at my-deja.com osuchw at my-deja.com
Mon Apr 17 22:21:15 EDT 2000

In article
<2B1262E83448D211AE4B00A0C9D61B03BA72AC at MSGEURO1>,
  Pieter Claerhout <PClaerhout at CREO.BE> wrote:
> I made a Python CGI-script that executes a DOS-
command and
> should return the result in a HTML page. The
script looks
> as follows:
>
>   import os
>
>   pipe = os.popen("ipconfig", 'r')
>   text = pipe.read()
>   del pipe
>
>   print "Content-type: text/html"
>   print
>   print "IPConfig on AV2700"
>   print "<br>"
>
>   print '<pre>'
>   print text
>   print '</pre>'
>
> If I run this script from the command line, it
works fine, but
> when I open it using Internet Information
Server, all is shown
> except the contents of the variable text. Any
ideas what could
> be wrong? Is it maybe a setting in IIS or are
these options
> not allowed in CGi-scripts?

I used ASP and got results you wanted. Sample
included.

Waldemar Osuch

8<-------------------------------------
<%@ LANGUAGE = Python %>

<%
import win32pipe
from win32api import GetComputerName

pipe = win32pipe.popen("ipconfig", 'r')
txt = pipe.read()
del pipe

prn = Response.Write
%>

<HTML>
<head>
<title>IPconfig Results</title>
</head>
<h3>IPConfig on <%prn(GetComputerName())%></h3>
<pre><%prn(txt)%></pre>
</HTML>

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.