A Mountain of Perl Books + Python Advocacy

Michael Hudson mwh21 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Apr 11 06:35:20 EDT 2000

i_luv_fudge at I_HATE_SPAM.hotmail.com (.,.) writes:

> It still doesn't change the fact that this is a VERY hard language
> to learn as a layman without a guide or some sort of coding TLA
> translator.

Compared to what?  perl?  C++?  Don't make us laugh...

> When and if I get proficient I might write a page for people with
> that in mind.

Tried these? (found on http://www.python.org/doc/Intros.html)

    http://www.idi.ntnu.no/~mlh/python/programming.html
    http://www.honors.montana.edu/~jjc/easytut/easytut/
    http://members.xoom.com/alan_gauld/tutor/tutindex.htm

Not to discourage you from your literary efforts, more would always be
good, but they may be of some use.

Cheers,
M.

--
  incidentally, asking why things are "left out of the language" is
  a good sign that the asker is fairly clueless.