Debugging confusion -- too many stacks!

Michael Hudson mwh21 at cam.ac.uk
Sun Apr 2 09:57:50 EDT 2000

Christian Tismer <tismer at tismer.com> writes:

> This VM stack could also be replaced by a set of registers, since
> the maximum stack size is always known at compile time.

My gut tells me that making this work with exceptions would be a dog.
It's the sort of thing that might be fun to play with if the compiler
and eval loop were written in Python, but if I have to hack C to play
with these things, it just becomes tedious.  Still, maybe if I have a
month or two with nothing else to do...

Cheers,
M.

--
well, take it from an old hand: the only reason it would be easier
to program in C is that you can't easily express complex  problems