Python CGI

Ivan Van Laningham ivanlan at callware.com
Sat Apr 15 12:02:08 EDT 2000

Hi All--

Jp Calderone wrote:

>  I recently converted one of my perl CGI's to Python, and came across an
> bizarre and extremely undesirable side affect - Whenever a form that uses
> the Python script as its ACTION, the python scripts seems to get executed
> about 8 times.  At first I thought there was some logic error in my program
> making it octuple all the output, but I can't find anything that might do
> this.  Has anyone seen this before, or know how to fix it?

What's your webserver?  I've run Apache on NT and Linux, and IIS on
NT;-(, and have never ever seen this.  You should also post a sample
script, too.

<guessing-in-the-face-of-ambiguity>-ly y'rs,
Ivan
Ivan Van Laningham
Callware Technologies, Inc.
http://www.pauahtun.org and
Army Signal Corps:  Cu Chi, Class of '70
Author:  Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours